Ipswich Divorced and Separated Social Club is back!
Please read the new rules regarding entrance to our Saturday night dances
How it will work
A little differently – it has to so please, please bear with us on this one. It’s all been discussed at length with you and your safety in mind.
1).To gain entry you will need to have been DOUBLE JABBED and have your NHS Card to show us. This will not be a problem for most of us. Anyone unable to provide this, unfortunately, will be REFUSED ENTRY. This will apply to all members and guests so if you are signing anybody in make sure they have their card with them. (The reasons are obvious!).
2) The doors will open at 7.45 so if you turn up at 7.30 can you please wait in your car until openingtime. When you come in as a couple of Committee members will be in the foyer and will tick your
name off on a list when you have shown your little NHS vaccination card. This may take a little time (hopefully not) but please bear with us on this – it’s a new system for all of us. We will get you through as quickly as possible. Note: Please also have your membership card handy when
you come in, 2019/20 membership has been extended until April 2022.
3) You then go through into the hall. Hand sanitizer will be on the desk – please use it. Guests will pay their money and will still need to sign the guest book. It would help if you could have the exact money ready – this just cuts down on unnecessary contact for you and for us.
4) Soft drinks will NO LONGER be on sale for the foreseeable future – please bring your own in.The reason again is cross contamination with people handling and drinking from cans and then the Committee have to touch and clear them up at the end of the evening.
5) AND talking of the end of the evening, we will have a supply of black bags and would ask that youclear your table away and take the rubbish away with you which would help us enormously and
keep multiple contact down again.
6) An important one ! We know everyone there will be thrilled to return. The first instinct is to rushup to old friends you haven’t seen for month and give them a big hug and kiss. SOME PEOPLE will not want this. So if you approach someone and they back off – it’s nothing personal! So what we ask is that you just check with the person concerned and then bear hug or tap elbows –
whichever suits both ! We all need to be respectful of other people's feelings and fears.
7) LASTLY : We beg, you our members, if you don't feel too well, have a cough, lose your sense of smell etc. (you know the signs!) or have any symptoms of the pesky Covid-19 virus PLEASE PLEASE do not turn up. Keep your good friends safe along with anybody else in the hall.
There will be other dances – and other times –we all need to play our part in this.
We know it sounds a lot but once the system swings into place it will become the new 'norm' until we get back to 'normal' …..erm ….....!! Another thing !! It’s up to you if you want to wear a mask when you come in – it is entirely up to the individual – you must do what you feel happy with.
As you can imagine there is a lot of work to be done now. Venues and discos to be booked for the rest of the year and we don't know how these will fit in with the slots they have available ...SO..please bear with us. It may mean doubling up with venues or even having to miss a couple and of course this could all change in a heartbeat – so watch this space for updates!
At this point in time Westbourne have not yet made a decision to open up with indoor functions and it has been intimated it may not be for the next few months so we are already down by one venue ! It may also be that some venues will have their own restrictions ...so that will have to be taken on board as well.
SO – WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE US? Well – it leaves us with a feeling of optimism and hope that with whatever happens we are going to get a few Saturday nights out! How good will that be. So ...dancing shoes out, bottle openers to the ready, make your own I'm Up for a Cuddle Badge (or not !!),Dance like you've never danced before and lets kick the last 17 months out of the window and into the garbage can – where it belongs! Time to look forward !!!!
WE WILL DO ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING WE CAN TO MAKE IT A REALLY GOOD NIGHT !!!
All on the IDSSC Committee